Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandypark View Post
i disagree with the use of incline bench in the op's case. incline bench is a great workout however, it can be very taxing on the shoulders. the op should lay off the shoulder as much as he can until it is healed and that slowly incorporate some shoulder movements. maybe some assistance exercises for the rotator cuff. decline bench will work your chest while working your shoulders minimally.

personally, i think thats too many bicep exercises, if you hit your back hard with rows and pullups your biceps should also have been worked. Keep in mind that there is only ONE bicep. Im not a believer in the inner, lower, upper muscle idea which many people say about chest as well as biceps.

Legs are a must and I think deadlifts are a must.
I understand what you're saying about the incline, but I still think it's important for him to use light weight to help in rehabilitation. But if it hurts him to do even light weight then he should stay away. At the same time the OP should look at seeing a physical therapist if it's hurting him enough.

There's nothing to believe as far as the inner, lower, upper, etc you mentioned. Look at the anatomy of the male body and there is an upper and lower chest. As well as different heads on the tricep.

As far as working bi's, the different routines can have an affect on the different muscle fibers. I added the inner and outer curls to my routine and have noticed a difference in my biceps.

Everyone's different though and won't see the same results. As is everyones reasoning for working out. I started going simply because I was feeling lethargic, as well as being scared for other hereditary reasons. Now trying to get a decent body is up there. May as well.

I work one-two body parts a day. With a minimum of 2 days off. So working my bi's as much as I do is a non issue. It's only too much when the results become diminishing. So far, that's not happening. And I switch up my routine every 8-14 weeks.

I'd look at adding some forearm curls/wrist curls to make your forearms pop. But I don't know what the OP's overall goal is.

Not trying to argue with you. Just speaking on what I've experienced, as well as noting that everyones goals are different. What works for one person, may not work for another. It's all about trial and error.
Appreciate 0