04-13-2020, 08:55 AM   #21
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
This morning I set off on my new planned 52 mile race course loop for the M850i on a daily basis until the stay-at-home orders lift and I'm back to my daily commute. The course includes a freeway shot, many stretches of 45 to 55 MPH PSL and the holy grail of about an 18 mile stretch on a 2-way county road with a 55 MPH PSL.

To my chagrin the county road section had more traffic on it than expected given it is a Sunday and there were plenty of others out going to the biking and hiking trail destinations you get to from it. However, outside of a rare county sheriff patrolling (given the remoteness of the stretch a one in a thousand chance) I still let it rip. Some of that fun was to pass slow movers and the M850i did so with an absolute ease and before I knew it the 84 MPH speed alert lit up every time in seemingly a blink of the eye.

Looking forward to tomorrow's run mid day in which I expect to encounter way less traffic on the county road stretch. Just need to figure out how to take more coffee with me as my 16oz mug was depleted less than half-way through the route. My wife has a couple of Hydro Flasks but neither will fit in the M850i cup holders. First world problems.

AlexFL took the pic of the watch for the day before heading out. An absolute classic with the backstory being I am not a Rolex fan whatsoever. However, no matter how hard I tried to find an equivalent blue dial watch with anywhere near the sheer beauty of the Submariner it was a failure. After succumbing to that fact I just enjoy the beauty every time I wear it.
you need 2 sixteen oz mugs, or 1 of those mugs that's small at the bottom and gets big at the top and holds like a gallon. Although you're probably going to need to find a rest stop half way through!

something like this (although I haven't used any of these): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752DZ1SB..._05gLEbCCC508T

I used to have something similar that I bought at Walmart about 20 years ago, but I threw it away like a decade ago when we got the big SUVs with big cup holders.
Appreciate 0