04-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Would love to that here in Sydney, but the only option is to hire a race track. Most of the freeways in and out of the Sydney are limited to 100 kmh.

If I was doing 90 mph (=145 kmh) then I would be 45kmh over the limit and if I caught I would lose my licence for 3-6 months and my car would be impounded for 3 months.
Here in AZ anything at 20(+) MPH above the PSL or 85 MPH period regardless of the PSL is considered criminal speeding. You don't lose your license but get 3 points assigned (believe you need a total of 8 before it gets suspended). The caveat is it is a Class 3 Misdemeanor so if fully convicted you can spend up to 30 days in jail and 1 year probation. So definitely something I do not want to get caught doing hence the visual diligence as well as the V1/JBV1 combo.

The PSL on the 101 being a metropolitan freeway is 65 MPH so up to 84 MPH will not trigger criminal speeding. Hence, my normal practice is that or lower. In fact I adjusted my speed limit warning to 84 MPH when returning home yesterday as I definitely do not want to get caught regardless of my defenses in play. I just got giddy yesterday being the first real drive behind the wheel in weeks and let the "new rule" get the better of me.
Appreciate 0