01-29-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Yes, it is baked into the 2020 full Driving Assistance Package (ZDA) vs the watered down BS Driving Assistance Package 2 (ZDX) which they have finally eradicated in early January from the BMW NA website. Final rant on that is my first order last August with the ZDX package that could not be changed due to the Individual factory lock date drove me to the new order to get ZDA primarily for the 3D View (so useful) and Parking Assistant Plus (figured I could use it for parallel parking). Drive Recorder was a pleasant surprise.

That said I do not understand why it is not compatible with the 2019s with iDrive 7 as well. I'm going to guess the same camera system is in the 2019s and the app itself is purely software driven. The only thing I can think of is there are new sensors on the 2020's that enable the automatic feature to capture the pre/post footage in case of impact. Even if that is the case one would think that option to just not be available for the 2019s and the self-capture would work regardless.
Thanks, mine has both DA pkgs (DA+DA Pro) and according to BWW it will still not work, and i agree with 19's and 20's both utilizing I-7 it should . I think what may be going on is BMW wants people to feel good about getting 20's vs 19's and it's a way to help them justify the price increase, which in all fairness makes sense. Now, not having the app available for 19 850's as an extra cost is foolish on BMW's part and maybe (BMW are you listening?) they will make it available at one point in the near future.

Hell, I still cant get my remote view to work even after having things escalated, tickets created etc by BMW USA. The beat goes on...

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0