01-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #15
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Yes, and this is why I will never hit the bumper again, I don't like the shadow/black area in the image, why is that there? Kind of blocks the view a bit, no?
The same grey area is on my wife's 2017 X5 which I optioned up to include the 3D camera view, HUD, etc. and have always assumed it is just an area given the camera locations on the mirrors cannot accurately portray. In the M850i I've been going by the horizontal orange line (need to check if it is there on the X5 as well) as my guide and it seems to be spot on.

Took this pic in the garage today after returning home from a Costco run which was an absolute zoo so even the "out in space" parking spaces were occupied. The 3D View did not let me down in finding my way into a corner slot so I could get all the way over to the driver side and leave a mountain of space on the passenger side from the parking spot to the right. In the pic the horizontal line is accurate as to where the front-end is distance wise from the raised area outside of the garage door (equivalent of a parking bumper). Had to laugh once I recognized that the pair of sneakers to the left appear to be floating.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0