Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I went to a launch event for the F Type Coupe a few years ago, in the wine country of the Amador foothills outside Sacramento. The car was gorgeous to look at and a gas to drive.

The sales manager laughed out loud when I said, "Man, those are some bodacious Tatas!" (Hard to imagine that the company that owns Jaguar produces trucks you see throughout India with "Horn, Please!" painted on their tailgates.)

Unfortunately, there's only one dealership in my sleepy little college town that sells BMW, MB and Volvo. There are also Ford, Chevy, Mopar, Totota, etc.

Without local service, I just can't bring myself to consider Jaguar, Porsche, Audi, Lexis, Acura, Alfa, Maserati...
Yes local dealership is essential when you own a Jag as I'm not confident in its reliability as of yet but so far so good. I was reading a bit about TATA the other day and was pleasently surprised how big TATA was. Jaguar and RR are only a small part of TATA. It's biggest business is consultancy and IT. Thank god TATA came along and saved jaguar after Ford nearly bankrupted it in the 80s.
Appreciate 0