View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #52
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Well it is faster, but problem is people who go RWD to FWD is going ass backwards. Especially going from a straight six to a 4 cyl.

Just people riding the bandwagon.
I dunno, outside of driving my dad's E36 M3 when I was in high school, all my performance experience outside the M235i has been FWD. I look at it as an excuse to return to my comfort zone more than anything, it would just need to be close to par with the M235i to compete. The Type R is about as close as it gets without going AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyPants View Post
Agreed. If you live anywhere with a winter the Focus RS or the Sti will be MUCH more fun in the snow, cold, etc. I'm an old Honda fanboy, but they've lost their way.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...eel-drive.html

Lost their way eh?

I live where it snows, and AWD just gives you a false sense of security more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
I submitted a request yesterday at the local dealership that had a white type R on the way. They got back to me today and said its there. He told me the price was almost $34000.00. He said I could come check it out today and they are taking bids. Its up to $40000.00 plus.I told him thanks but no thanks.
This is what I'm afraid of, and kind of knew would happen. Honda's being very hush hush about production numbers because they know this shit happens and dealers love it.

I'm really hoping it isn't a limited production run, that'd be quite the tease. If Honda really wants it to compete with the RS and R (forgetting about the AWD meme) it wouldn't make sense to do a limited run.

I definitely agree with people who said this car is too boy racer/riced, but I don't really care at the same time (not enough to be a deal breaker, anyway). It's has a very loud, in your face design that's just screaming for someone to convert the exterior (and maybe interior?) to a base or even Si look. It'll be interesting to see once people get a hold of these and start tearing them apart how feasible it is to swap base model Civics visual parts onto a Type R.
Appreciate 1
Mr Pete1595.50