View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #51
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
There's only so much you can do with a 2.0L four. The Acura would be a possible (ugly) match for the 330xi, but the S4 and 340xi would have much better tuning potential.
True the 6 cylinders in those cars have more potential to make more power with modifications. However at stock power levels a theoretical 2.0l turbo derived from the type R stuffed into the TLX with a more potent turbo can make power that is comparible. There are a few cars out there that can do that kind of power such as the AMG CLA45 which makes 360hp with a 2.0l turbo.

I'd love to see Honda/ Acura add turbo's or a supercharger to their V6's however I don't think they have the R&D budget for that. Since the TypeR motor is already federalized then a variation of that is likely going to make it into the TLX. Even if they keep it at 305hp like the TYpe R... it would make more people look at the TLX.

That being said, as far as tuning potential... with enough money and the right turbo's and software you can add more power to anything. Even my wife's stock looking VW CC has an aftermarket turbo making 350 at the crank and 300 at the wheels going through the wrong end (front) with an LSD for the past 60,000 miles as a daily driver... and that thing is fun to drive... not as fast or fun as my M3 but fast enough to shut down GTO's, Mustangs, and Camaro's.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00