View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #27
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
I am thinking about this car too because I am tired of paying Ferrari prices for maintaining my BMW and that's DURING warranty (Basically I got badly ripped off on clutch replacement which turned me off any "premium" german cars).

I appreciate Civic's practicality and 4-doors but I hate this car's gaudy boy-racer looks so I hope it will be available in dark metallic. Also the engine sound and power-delivery are rough compared to BMW. Still worth to buy this little Honda mostly because unlike BMW Canada there is no extortion racket operating behind the brand.
Should have got an auto instead

But seriously, never had a problem with BMW and their warranty.

And also maintaining my 335i was actually cheaper than maintaining the new civic turbo. Not even kidding. You just need to find the right shop and parts place. If you do everything at the dealer, of course they're going to charge you up the ass.

Also, the type R will be 50k CAD+ taxes, not many people will spend that money, it's suppose to compete with the STI, Golf R.

I'm FBO and I still have warranty and I bring my car in and they don't say a word.
Appreciate 0