View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
I think you are missing the point. Just because a prada bag is displayed in a prada store it doesn't give anybody the right to copy it, produce it, sell it.
What?

First off, he said nothing about copying legally protected designs, producing them, and selling them. He said industrial espionage, which deals with trade secrets. Nothing there even remotely resembles "industrial espionage". Taking pictures of the competition, looking into their materials, etc. is not the same thing as "copying it, producing it, and selling it". I'm not sure how you made that leap.

And yes, they in fact can copy, produce and sell anything not protected by any IP. In the case of specific interior layouts, etc., they would only have to be mindful of design patents, which are relatively easy to work around. If Prada doesn't have a design patent on their bag...I most certainly can copy, produce, and sell an EXACT copy of it under my own label/brand. And I most certainly can walk around a bag show taking pictures of my competition without committing anything even remotely resembling industrial espionage.

OP clearly was attempting to convey that the actions of the people at the show were in some way illegal. That was his point. And that's plainly wrong.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)

Last edited by PrematureApex; 09-21-2015 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
stooker2752.50