View Single Post
      11-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #63
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudaman View Post
That's true. I certainly don't see any "new" Detroit. Care to be more specific on what class leading products they have and which new technologies they have pioneered?

The author of that article gets his money from the big 3 as a consultant. His dad worked for GM. He's totally biased. Of course he doesn't want them to go down.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...0/b3944112.htm

All I know is the pieces of crap I have to rent when I'm on business trips. I cannot understand how these companies think people would want to buy them. I can barely stand driving them for a day. The japanese and even korean equivalents blow them out of the water. They're not competitive at all IMHO.
+1 They already stated time and time again, consumers will pay several thousand dollars more for a Honda Accord than a comparable Ford, GM, or Chrysler product.

Now imagine what would happen if the domestics were as much or more than a Honda. That is right, they would sell less as more would opt for the lower cost solution because in many cases it is all about qualifying for a loan.