07-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
The bigger question is why 3-D View isn't standard on the M850i and M8. I can understand it being an option on the 840i, but certainly not the other 8-series variants. Many of the M8s currently on the ground must have been in production before the Drivers Assistance Package 2 was discontinued. If/when potential buyers become better informed, these are the vehicles that dealers are going to have to discount even further. Personally, I would never buy one. Repeatedly curbing a 20 inch wheel can get expensive.
Completely agree but it is just a BMW money grab for options which is sad for their flagship model line. Granted Comfort Access is standard which I had major heartburn over having to pay for that on my wife's 2017 X5. My last two Lexus sport sedans dating back to 2006 included that as standard along with most of today's $30K and above automobile market segment. Granted BMW did get their head out of their asses for the 2020s and included more standard that were options in the 2019s, e.g., heated/cooling seats.

Speaking of the Drivers Assistance Package (aka ZDA) most of those features are now standard for the $30K plus automobile market segment as well. In fact Ford has included their CO-PILOT360 equivalent solution in all of their models as standard since 2019. Granted Ford is still climbing their way into the market segment BMW plays in but rest assured a Cobra GT500 comes loaded at the base price from a drivers assistance point of view.
Appreciate 0