Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post

I was browsing through the website and catalog the other day, looking at cameras, and I didn't notice the 5D (or anything above the consumer level). Is that something you have to talk to a rep about?
Yes, this brings up my only complaint, you have to go to the store and look in the catalog. I don't understand why they can't load everything into their web site, since sign-in is secure. They list maybe 80% of the products online, but you have to actually go into the store front to see listing for certain items and to see actual pricing on many items. So, I'm sitting here as we speak today, wondering if I've waited long enough to go in to see if the 7D is in the catalog yet. The 5D was included a week or two after Amazon started delivering. I'm chomping at the bit to order.

Oh, my other complaint is, you can't get the Canon L-lenses, unless they come as a "kit" lens with a body. I'd be a BIG deal to get the super-teles at dealer cost. I'm going to try again, but they're reluctant to call Canon USA at my store.

Dave