View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #4
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I have a DirectLift. Most people have either that or Bendpak. Both seem to be about equal quality/service as far as i could tell during my research, so i went with the brand that my installer had the most experience with.

As far as ceiling height, DirectLift told us to add up the heights of the two cars i was stacking, plus add 12 inches, to see if the application would work. I have a stupidly low garage ceiling (a little over 10 feet) so i can only stack cars on the lift that are 50 inches or shorter - which basically limits it to sports cars and small roadsters. none of the BMW’s fits. But I have a few of those so i knew what i was getting myself into. I also had to modify how my garage rolls up and convert the motor to a side-mounted unit...it was all very annoying but it’s now a good, albeit tight fit.

Your 12’6” is more than enough, though. Unless you’re planning on stacking SUV’s or trucks...and if you are, use the rule of thumb i posted above to get a general sense of whether it would work
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50