04-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #10
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Laws were created based on the 4th; however, an unconstitutional search is not, on its face, illegal. A good faith search later determined to be unconstitutional wasn't illegal and no criminal charges can be brought. Evidence can be excluded.

Sorry, this is my field and I just cannot help myself. I was not criticizing you.
I think you are arguing semantics; which I get, it is your profession.

The reason I responded back to you was your response to my post obscured the point I was making in my post, which is a person's natural expectation of privacy, as addressed by the language of the 4th Amendment, only applies to the US Government regarding reasonable search and seizure (data being considered property), whereas private companies that create devices that create "personal data" do not fall under the constraints set forth under the 4th Amendment.

Generally, when one contracts with a company that provides such service that creates "personal data" the purchaser signs an agreement that allows the company to use the data. If one were carefully look at all the documents signed at the time of purchase of a modern automobile, most likely he would find terms and conditions within the paperwork that states he gives his consent to allow the company to use the personal data for the various purposes it sees fit.

No issues...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-13-2019 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 1