11-23-2014, 04:58 AM   #24
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Guys I used to say that I'd only drive BMWs the rest of my life. Then I realized BMW doesn't care about me...they care about my money and if not my money then as many people's money as possible. It makes little sense to be loyal to a brand when brands have no loyalty to you.

You can either drive BMWs the rest of your life and live in a way where ignorance is bliss or you can taste all the different flavors and realize what you've been missing
No offense, but BMW doesn't care about you as an individual, no company does, not even the one you work for; that's just life. But what BMW does not care about is it legacy. Sure it cares about the M-brand legacy, like that is where their performance has only ever been, but that is not the case. And even with M, they've just whored it out to be a brand and not a purpose. Yup the new M4 is supposedly great from what the mags say, but the thing is almost double the price of a 4-series. And how seriously can you take a car company that makes a 5,000-pound SUV morphs it into something with less utility (like headroom), puts some big wheels and tires on it, code the drive train with stability control, and throw an M badge on it.

I'm done with BMW because of the oil life monitor issue built into my car and the total lack of not explaining it to me. The BMW of the '80s, the era of the company that really put it on the map, would NEVER had engineered such a thing, nor not provide the explanation if it did.
Appreciate 1