View Single Post
      02-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #12
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I'd leave it. The volume/sound change you get from removing it will be next to nothing unless you drive around with the flaps closed most of the time. Given your quest for more sound (and I certainly don't blame you!) I think it's safe to assume you have the flaps open 24/7.

You are certainly getting the best bang for the buck sound with midpipe and secondary catless downpipes but you GOTTA hear the Akrapovic full Ti exhaust with secondary downpipes.

The Akrapovic doesn't just increase the volume, it changes the exhaust note and backfires to something much more exotic sounding. Videos don't do it justice either.
Oh I have no doubt about the Akra (had it when they were the M Performance provider on the F10 M5)--- I just dont think Ill keep the car long enough to justify it. I was the Remus sponsor child on the F90 and the tonal changes on that were impressive from down low to up top!

Plus I need to keep Ben in business

My exotic beast is the R8 V10 Performance with these sounds (almost the same but like you said videos dont justify) by Quicksilver in the UK:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12909.00
LSM1118.00