View Single Post
      02-05-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

My M8 GC Comp with Resonator and Secondary Cat Delete-Pics and Video!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ok so most of you know that when I got the M8 GC, I removed the center section and replaced it with a straight pipe set up. The gain was in decibels, barks, and overall noise especially in the higher RPM's. But, I still wanted more and maybe that's because my R8 is so damn loud with its modded exhaust or just because a 600 plus hp car deserves to roar with pride

So once again- Ben aka r33_RGSport at RG Sport made special accommodations so I could show up well before his wake time (7am) LOL. I decided to go with the removal of only the secondary cats (primary will cause a CEL) to get even more sound. Ben suggested Evolution Racewerks Pipes (ER) and Ive only heard good things about them. The job took about 4-5 hours rack to unrack and I am extremely happy and NO welding- just OEM brackets.

I would say that on my drive home (60 miles) I was able to clearly open up the car to 140+ and run those rpm's up; the car is definitely louder under load (maybe 30-35% more) as the rpm's draw up. The barks and pops are crazier than ever on run downs and hard pulls. I was able to go under regular tunnels Ive visited before and there is no doubt the car is much louder. But its still docile at lower rpms and drone which is highly subjective does not hit my ears.

I like it- I like it alot!

So here are some pics I took plus Ben's cell phone YouTube. Keep in mind that the standstill vids are with a fully warmed engine and the car already had the resonator pull done in December. The soft limiter did hold the car back to 5k rpm's but thats fine; its parked. The one take off vid part gives you a better idea of the loud bark on up shifts but even then the car was not up to speed.

Here are the pics and vid:

This is the resonator delete- pretty clean:

The big ass OEM secondaries:

The ER bad boys:

OEM vs ER:

The vid- remember its an iphone and the 5k limiter but boy does the car rip with sound:

And what the fuck is this stupid thing (seen it on all M's) but what if we took it off? How much more sound or will it be annoying?

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 02-10-2021 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 8
r33_RGSport12967.50
xmanpro3098.50
AlexFL7836.00
///M TOWN16342.00
mikerx5461.00
Mr.blue223.00
LimiX4m40152.50