toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Nice.
Man some of those hills in the distance really look parched
This is off topic but I've got to speak up. As a born and bred New Englander who before COVID used to travel to the Bay Area a half dozen or more times/year, I've got to say something here.

The pictures are obviously shot before the winter rains come. I've traveled to and lived in a lot of different parts of this country. CA is far and away the best for year round climate. Within 50 miles of the coast, the climate is cooler and much lower humidity than the East Coast in summer and obviously warmer in winter. If you're a skier like me, it's 4 hours away from world class skiing.

Now while the pictures show dry areas in the mountains in the distance, you can see the landscape plantings in the immediate area are lush and newly planted w/ supportive stakes.

Before I'm accused of going off the deep end, I feel obliged to mention some of my fellow East Coasters complain to me that the entire state of CA is burning up. For perspective, if you put CA on the East Coast it runs from Maine to Virginia and inland to Pittsburgh. People on the East Coast don't connect a forest fire in Maine to Richmond, Virginia but they hear of a fire in Redding, CA and ask their cousin in OC how bad is the smoke.

OK, I'm done. Back to cars.

Although I'm not into black cars, lowered, different exhausts - that side view of the car is spectacular. Those 813M wheels, yellow calipers and the polished look of the tires, really stand out.
Appreciate 2
Vic5519354.50