07-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #12
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchtion View Post
That's not totally correct. The problem can be replicated every time I drive in crosswinds, we just don't have a lot of windy days in Phoenix (though Monsoon season is around the corner, but driving in a dust storm sucks), so it's not going to happen every time I drive.

And I'd expect the car to move around a bit in 30-40mph winds. But not in 15-20mph winds on a mostly empty freeway, at least not as bad as it does.

And I had the same thoughts on the low coefficient of drag, but my wife's LX570 handles a breeze better than the M850.

I need to take it on the drive to San Diego, it's always windy on the I-8 heading out there.
Ironically see my prior post on this thread as I did that 4 weeks back and on both the drive out on I-8 and back I had the car in Adaptive mode and had no issues whatsoever in the high crosswinds. In fact the majority of the drive was in full Driving Assistance Mode (I created a post on that experience) and given it tracks the outer boundaries of a lane to stay in the middle it had zero issues doing so vs constantly correcting due to the crosswinds.
Appreciate 0