View Single Post
      11-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #75
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acexxon View Post
I still own the F06 M6 and at the same time, I find the new 8 to be much better looking in the coupe form compared to the GC. I love the new 8's front end, it's sharp and aggressive, but all the new BMW's rear end design language is just not my cup of tea... In addition, all BMW's basically share the same interior design with the 8 just using slightly better and elegant trim pieces...

The BMW G generation to me is a big failure so far...
The 8's front is already looking dated to me. Seen many in person now in the Chicago area. Looks ordinary. Looks a LOT like the front on the Ford Fusion with the way the lights angle into the grille. Headlights should always have the bottom inside closest to the grill, not the top. That's basic design language and violating that creates a design that looks "different" initially, but dated relatively quickly as it does not flow well.

If anything, the rear at least has some uniqueness, but not in a good way (overdone). I actually appreciate the Lexus RC and LC now, compared to the 8 (and I will never buy a Japanese car). So that says a lot about the emotions the 8 stirs.

The "G" Generation has done away with many classic BMW design staples and ignored basic design flow hallmarks. This leads to "fresh" ideas that look trendy and dated. People may still buy these cars, but not because the timeless design. Will be interesting to see what the "H" Generation brings. I have a hunch Hofmeister and Zicker will be back and considered "fresh" again!

Last edited by thebmw; 11-03-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0