View Single Post
      10-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #73
Mdivisible
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M8, 993 TTS, X7, Jeep Wrangler

I had a 650 Gran Coupe for 4 years and thought it was the best looking sedan for its time. It does now look dated to me, so I got rid of it.

I also agree that the 6 was more exceptional for its time than the 8 is today, but i like the 8 better now because it does look a lot more modern and attractive to me now. The 8 gran coupe will probably not be remembered as fondly as the 6 is, but I'd still prefer an 8 to a 6 by a wide margin.

Also, I think a lot of people are wrong about the price vs the 6.my 6 was 99.5k and was more than an m5 at the time, but about the same. The m850xi gran coupe is, 7 years later, only about 15 percent more and is still about the same price as an m5. Also, the 8 has improved a lot vs the 6 in terms of luxury and performance, so having its price only rise at the inflation rate over the past 7 years vs the 6 seems like a good deal on a relative basis. Finally, I think that the performance gap between the m5 and the 850 is now smaller than it was then vs the 6, so the fact that the 6 and m5 were the same price then and the 8 is the same price as an m5 now also means that the 8 is no more expensive than the 6 was back then.

I'm probably going to buy an m8 gran coupe. It seems expensive vs an m5 or 850, but so was the m6. Back then yoy paid an easy to 20k to move from a 5 to a 6,and 20k to move to m. Now, it might be 25 instead of 20,but is still basically the same story as it always has been.
Appreciate 0