Thread: rc 350 vs 435i?
View Single Post
      12-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

rc 350 vs 435i?

Anyone drive the lexus rc350 yet? How does it compare to the 435i?

I'm planning on going to a couple dealerships this weekend to test drive but I wanted to get peoples initial opinion on these cars.

Looking to dump my bad luck 335i to pick up something new with a fresh start.

If no one has done it, i guess I will be first and will update this thread (assuming the local lexus dealership has the rc in stock).

UPDATE:

Test drove the 2015 RC 350, 2015 S4, and 2015 435i. Surprisingly all the cars tested were +/- $1000 of $55k. Here are my thoughts:

RC 350
Power: Feels very sluggish and did not impress me. Low end torque was terrible when compared to my 335i. Throttle was not very responsive. For a sports car, the RC is very quiet. No grunt or burble.
Interior/Room: My gf sat in the back while I test drove with the sales man. There is no back space! She barely had room for her legs when I was driving, and I'm fairly short at 5'7". Anything taller than 6' and the front seats are literally touching the rear seats. BUT the front bucket seats are sooo comfortable and they really envelope the driver/passenger.
Looks: Car looks way better in person. Personally, I love the aggressiveness of the new spindle grill and applaud lexus for doing something different.

S4
Power: Very impressive. Throttle is very responsive and is very quick to get off the line, probably because of the all wheel drive. Manual mode was very fun to drive as the salesman let me go at it.
Interior/Room: The seats are a bit stiff but everything looks nice. Lots of plastic bits. The back has plenty of room.
Looks: The only thing I don't like about the s-line is that it looks just like the regular a-line. Aside from "S" badges, not much different in terms of looks. But I love the LED Audi headlights.

435i
Power: Power is pretty nice, similar to my car, but a little more responsive. However, I still hate how the steering feels so "artificial" and light.
Interior/Room: Besides the shift knob and the heads up display, pretty much looks like my car. The rear space is about the same as e92 according to my gf.
Looks: When the salesman brought me to the lot, it was parked right next to a new f10 3 series and honestly, from the front, looked very similar. As always, love the LED AEs.

Overall, I was impressed with S4, disappointed with the RC350, and indifferent about the 435i. If I were to buy a car now it would be in this order: S4, 435i, then RC.

Last edited by 1chanc3; 12-14-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0