View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #40
GKW
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i, 22 Alpina B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
The "geniuses" aren't. During my recent adventure, one told me that they're just there to help customers make routine adjustments to the car's features or in the apps, if the customers have apps, which CarPhanatic and I don't.

They can't even write up a ticket for further work. They send you back to BMW Assist for that.

Nearly certain that this has nothing to do with the dealers and is another BMW software failure, given that we're now 2 for 2 with the latest software update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
The "geniuses" aren't. During my recent adventure, one told me that they're just there to help customers make routine adjustments to the car's features or in the apps, if the customers have apps, which CarPhanatic and I don't.

They can't even write up a ticket for further work. They send you back to BMW Assist for that.

Nearly certain that this has nothing to do with the dealers and is another BMW software failure, given that we're now 2 for 2 with the latest software update.

Adding another voice to this thread. Same exact story. Recall done on 3/17, phone needed to be reconnected to WiFi, but all apps gone but those std two. Deleted app on phone, locked the car and waited a few hours for another OTA update, tried again and same result. BMW assist on the phone seems to have never heard of this problem. "doesn't know what the dealer did to my car". At first suggests that I return to the dealer until I remind him that there is no way I am going back to the dealer to have someone who knows less than I do about the car paw around the controls to come up empty.

He assures me that this is now escalated to IT(?) and that I will hear in 7-10 BUSINESS days!! I said, "what could possibly take 2 weeks for someone to get back to me??". This is not a Toyota Yaris, I would expect a better response. There is clearly a problem here and I wish I had read this thread before bringing it in for the "recall". My backup cam was working just fine, thank you. BTW - phone app working again fine.

Let's keep this thread active and on point until there is an actual fix.

GW
Appreciate 1