06-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #18
pcognett
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Anybody else having frequent drops in Satellite Radio Reception? I’ve found mind to be awful. Hoping there is a fix….hearing every other word of Howard Stern just isn't enough...

Found this on a very old post from ‘redhot47fla’

“Separately, I am a fan of (and former consultant for) XM satellite radio. (To me, it always will be just "XM".) Anyway, I am noticing many more dropouts in sat-radio reception in the M850 than I've ever experienced with any other BMW model or any other car from any manufacturer. I stumbled upon a schematic that seemed to show that the sat-radio antenna is buried in the M850's rear driver-side fender, since there is no shark fin antenna on this model. That almost certainly is the source of the reception issue. Anyone else noticing the same?”
I have a 2021 M8 Gran Coupe and just googled this issue and found this post. The constant dropping of the signal is driving me nuts. Whatever eight series you have this certainly cost a significant amount of money and having this big of a design flaw is unacceptable. I’ll be contacting my dealer and BMW USA. If anybody does come up with a solution please reply back.
Appreciate 0