Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmmm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Both are beautiful cars. BMW did the GC right in the 6 and 8 series.
I saw a 2013 650ix GC with 25k miles for $29k. Seems like a performance bargain. With a tune it can haul ass as it has basically the same engine.
Doesn't the N63 have a few issues?
Yes a quick google search can reveal many horror stories, and its also a 7-year old BMW so take that for what its worth, but in the end, YMMV.

A 640xi is probably the best way to go, BMW inline-6's are typically more reliable in the long-run and something most people don't know is that 6-Series with xDrive actually got hydraulic steering versus the first generation EPS system in non-xDrive models which is horribly numb.
Even when you factor in potential repair costs it's a low mileage vehicle and I doubt it would cost upwards of six figures to repair vs new. Maybe not something I would daily but it could work. A 640 is a good option too would be even less expensive I would imagine but it's supply and demand maybe it retains its value better than the V8. I think M5s from this MY are worth more and this isn't an M car. And M5s are typically worth more than M6.
Appreciate 0