View Single Post
      01-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #103
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

WOW! I see they got rid of the chrome "mouth brace" in the grille, and does that seam in the roof panel suggest that the Z06 will now have a removable roof panel?? The front grille looks a little strange with those cooling cutouts (presumably for brakes); I wonder if it would have looked better if they'd done away with the grille entirely and just left a hole like the new GT500. Not a big deal though, and it may well look better in person.

I'm really not crazy about that carbon fiber front splitter, though. I'm sure it's 100% functional, but it really pulls focus from the rest of the front fascia IMHO (kind of like the aero bits on the rear of the 918 Spyder that stick out on an otherwise gorgeous back end), plus that thing will probably be a scrape nightmare on the road. The smaller carbon fiber lip on the C6 ZR1 gave lots of owners fits when driving on regular roads, and it definitely wasn't cheap to replace.... I'm also not sure about the carbon fiber rear spoiler; I'll have to see it in person.

Still, if I'm going to give up my M3 for anything else in a few years (definitely won't be the new M3/4), it will very likely be this.

Can't wait for all the gory technical details!!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 01-11-2014 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0