01-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #97
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Dude we get it. You think that C7 Z06 = C6 ZR1 and therefore that the C7 Z06's base price will be equal to or slightly higher than the C6 ZR1's. We're all just disagreeing with you, and saying the same thing over and over again won't change it. I already explained why I think it's possible that a next-gen Z06 can both outperform and be cheaper than the ZR1 based on how the C7 Stingray stacks up against the C6 Z06. In fact Porsche did that with the 991S, which is apparently faster around the Ring than the 997.2 Turbo and doesn't cost anywhere near what the Turbo did.

The C7 Z06 isn't the "same car" as the C6 ZR1 anyway. Just because it will have a supercharger and similar power output doesn't AT ALL mean it's the same. There are still tons of other elements of the car that we don't know about, many of which would have a huge impact on cost, e.g. whether carbon ceramics brake will be standard and how much carbon fiber will be used.

It's also not reasonable to now claim that you're talking about the "car you would actually buy" price, not the base price. The "car you would buy" price is going to be hugely different for different people, especially on a Z06 where a higher percentage of buyers are more likely to want a stripped-down track monster. We've all been talking about base price and that's been clear for a while.

I don't know what you're mad about? I was asking a question, not trying to berate you or something. I'm just curious on someones reasoning that you can add a blower, upgraded engine, upgraded suspension and brakes, aero, R&D, etc. And not expect the price to go up? I'm not trying to make you or anyone else change their mind, just discussing each others opinions. This is a discussion forum after all isn't it?

Comparing the base model to the C6 Z06 isn't really reflective. The base model and the old Z06 aren't far off to begin with. So it's pretty easy to let that tech trickle down for minimal cost. Whereas this new Z06 is an entirely new monster from the old Z06.
Appreciate 0