02-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
yes, I'd love to know. because I price compared and the m850i was cheaper, so I bought it. However in 4 years, I'll probably be looking at a true m8 or the Mercedes S560 amg.

so please message me or post any other differences you find for me please. honestly I thought it was MBusa just over charging for less horsepower.
and the 3 MB salesmen couldn't help me. where the BMW sales agent went above and beyond to tell me why the m850i was cheaper and better.
The SCoupe is truly elegant, yet a bruiser weighing in at nearly 5,000 lbs (about 400 more than the 8), I for one don't care about these big GT's being heavy and the more girth the more safer we feel. The interior appointments in the MB are a step or two, or even three above the BMW. The spirited driving dynamics of the M850 is superior, but for day/day cruising the MB is hard to beat. The MB's cabin is also much quieter and the car feels like it's built out of a solid piece of metal. I wish the MB offered non-run flats on the 560's like the 850's do (which I have) as the nrf's make a world of difference especially being Pilot Sport 4's. Driving a pillarless coupe with all four windows down is something special to experience, and look at, and as mentioned very expensive to produce. I really miss the massaging seats and the power lift button for the front end. Why the 8's don't have a self dimming psngr. mirror is just ridiculous, let alone at this price point, WTF BMW? My SC's were both 550's and I've also driven the 560's, both are more than adequate power wise and my 17 had the 9G trans which is a huge improvement over the previous 7G and every bit as good as BMW's 8 spd if not a bit better. It's been reported by various sources the big MB coupes won't be around after 2021 and that would be a shame. I for one am sick of all the SUV's and trucks, as they are now ad nauseam, but help to make the big coupes really stand out. Hope this helps.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0