Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohc120 View Post
I wonder why they didn't just use Techno Violet which is and always has been my favorite BMW color.
because that is a retired lead based paint color that BMW has not redone yet in a water based version.

if they ever do... it will likely be called Techno Violet II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
Yes, I wonder why the person who bought this car didn't consult you on which color to paint it.
ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
I'd love to see Daytona on one of these. It's a little deeper in color which is more to my tastes.
Daytona Violet met the Same Fate.. See above.

BMW has redone Estoril Blue.. but other 1990s colors like Avus Blue , Interlgagos Blue, Boston Green, Imola Red, and Hellrot have not been returned to production models.
Daytona has returned, albeit in mark II form. There are many examples of this if you search.

As you mentioned it is now water based therefore it isn't the "same" as the original but they've deemed it close enough to redo it and offer it through Individual. The same can't be said for Techno Violet. Avus also exists IIRC. A few colors you mentioned have not been reproduced in their updated water based variants but some have been.
True story. My girl just got sucked in by a click bait 440 convertible advertising and the car is purple with a surfboard out the back. She got sucked into individual and twilight purple was available I presume. Certainly there wasn't a standard purple we could find for the 4er very. Once there I did see that Daytona is in the catalog.
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00