Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
My wife makes fun of the way I drive an automatic. I hate not having the flywheel effect of a manual and tend to initially ride up on slowing cars, then leave huge gaps between us. I also never seem to get the throttle tip in right since my left foot is just taking a nap.

I've lived and driven in LA, DFW, London and Frankfurt and don't know that I buy the traffic argument, but then I suppose I've just never lived somewhere without heavy traffic.
^This.

In reality - I've never really owned an automatic - the F-Car is an F1 automated manual.

Semantics, I know, but still.

Regardless, after 40+ cars and every one having a clutch but one, I agree. Is it more annoying to drive a manual in traffic than an auto? Perhaps, but that isn't the only time I drive a car. I've lived in several large towns, some with traffic problems listed as the worst in the world, yet I still enjoyed all my manual cars. I live in a rural area now, but it's very mountainous, so a manual can be tricky sometimes on the hills - especially in snow - but still I drive them.

Why? To me - it's worth it.
Red Bread4463.00