View Single Post
      09-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

So pros: 1) it looks great, but it is conservative 2) price vs range is good for an SUV 3) robust charging network will be in place by the time it is released 4) much nicer materials and workmanship than say a Tesla 5) skateboard chassis for battery and engines instead of reworking a gas powered car to be electric like the EQC

Cons 1) they talk efficiency but it is not very efficient... 95kwh battery gets 250 miles (vs Tesla ModelX 250 ish in a 75kwh battery or 300 ish in a 100kwh battery) 2) could've had a more advanced design with more room if not handicapped by parts sharing with the ice cars

I wonder what it is about the Jaguar iPace and Audi E tron that their 95kwh battery packs are only giving them 250 miles of range? Maybe software management doesn’t allow 100% of the battery to preserve it’s stated range? Would be interesting to see a real world range comparison between a Jag iPace, Audi E tron, Mercedes EQC, and Tesla Model X 75D and 100D.

If Audi has a good lease option when it comes out I’d consider getting it to replace my wife’s gas car. I’ve already got a Tesla Model 3 for myself.
Appreciate 0