View Single Post
      11-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #51
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
While they picked it over the front engined F12, I don't think I've seen anyone pick any form of 911 over a 458, so that's sort of a Pyrrhic victory. I'm sure it would beat the similarly expensive FF too, but both the FF and F12 are significantly different in purpose than the 911.
Yes, but also remember how many times the 997 GT3/RS was picked over the 458...by and large it was every time. UK's best driver's car, EVO best of the best, EVO Car of the year just to name a few.

I think between a 458 and a 991S/4S it would be close. 991 GT3 vs 458, hands down GT3. The only car right now that can compare favorably to a 991 GT3 is the Speciale, in which the new GT3 RS will handily take care of considering the Speciale doesnt have much advantage other than straight line over the 991 GT3...which it should considering its got 125 more hp.

That aside, the F12 is a brilliant car bar none.

Mind you also, the 991S/4S did beat the McLaren, the Aventador, the C63 Black, and R8 handily as well. Just the mere fact that what is by and large an entry level 911 is easily, and quite handily beating almost every other sports/super/exotic car out there does speak volumes to say the least. And the fact that an AWD car put to shame almost every great RWD car in the world says even more. And to boot, even the turbo S in this year's MT Best driver's car only lost out to 2 track day special cars. And that is easily the most GT Porsche you can get. Again, it speaks volumes considering how good the competition is...just the 911 is that much better.
Appreciate 0