View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 02:21 AM   #6
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Wow! The total irony being that I've set foot (and drove rentals in mnay) on every continent except the Antarctica in my business and personal travel but have yet to visit Canada. Further irony is on some of the business travel for when we met locals on the street (aka restaurants, bars, etc.) depending on the locale we claimed we were Canadian vs US citizens as the latter was polarizing depending on the current world politics in play at the time.

Note to self, i.e., don't plan a road trip to CA in the M850i anytime soon. One of my best friends in the world is a Professor at the University of Calgary but is now on a 5 year deal with Kent University in the UK as they have not only a student but teacher exchange in place. Hopefully, by the time he comes back it's safe to drive in Canada again. ��
We'd love to have you. most anywhere else in canada is very friendly and welcoming. Southern Ontario is NOT the same as it once was for many reasons. Basically it's a parking lot down in southern Ontario. Fuck all to see unless you like building after building. They've taken the nice outta this area for sure. We are OVER CROWED beyond reason. And we can thank our boy Prime Minister. You can't even buy a house here anymore unless you have an income of 250k at least a year.
But back to driving the real subject here. It's very little fun around here. cops that think they're your Dad and master. Folks calling the cops to report anything they think needs stopped. I recently added some stealth plates...go fuck yourself citezen doo gooder.
Here's something that's become out of control too.
You should see the people walk around here on the STREETS. Walking dogs, kids, elderly, families, walkers, wheel chairs etc. Seriously
with perfectly good sidewalks rght beside them. I simply DON'T get it!
Why do they risk their safety this way. My wife see's the same thing and we both just can't believe it. It's some kind of weird phenomenon. When I was a kid I was told, now don't play in the streets. Even the police used to say that.
Now cities in Ontario setup these streets that have outdoor patios jutting out into them. With traffic still going by!!!! Are they fucking nuts??????????
This is what I mean, the streets here are becoming playgrounds for these morons. People seem to want to turn roadways into some kind of community parks or something. When we have TONS of those now.
By the way there no finer eating than eating in the middle of the road. God knows it's where i want to eat my food....in traffic. With all the niceties that go along with traffic......lol
Argh !!!!!

Last edited by M8Bimmer; 06-14-2022 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0