View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #21
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron View Post
Not as bad as they seem? Even oil changes are like $350+ on most of the Porsches! I think our first service for the Macan was ~$350-370 (she wouldn't let me do the service myself). I believe the 2nd service runs over $600 for basic items. If you can go a smaller indy shop you could save some money, but overall they're still higher than most MP brands.

Honestly I don't understand why so many people like the older generation Cayenne (<2018 MY). We had a 2017 Cayenne Diesel as a loaner last year and I was not impressed at all. Felt like an old chassis and the diesel was rough.

I do agree they're not really comparable tho. There's things each of these vehicles do well and not so well. I think the OP would have to provide more information about use before giving a proper suggestion.
An oil change is $150 at Porsche-only indy shop here. Of course you're going to get raped going to the dealer. 40k service is the expensive one, usually around $1000 at indy, $2k at dealer. Other than that, everything is going to be in the same ballpark as BMW/Mercedes/Audi, so if you're used to spending on German cars it's going to wind up about the same.

Obviously any German car is going to seem like expensive maintenance compared to a Japanese brand, but I feel like most people just think a Porsche is going to have some astronomical maintenance cost when that's not how it is, assuming you have a capable indy shop nearby. At least my Porsche's were bulletproof and had zero major repairs, can't say the same for any of the BMW's I've owned. Owned 2 911's plus a Cayenne Turbo, my dad has a Panamera S, and combined we have had zero repairs over $500. Meanwhile every BMW I've owned has something leaking or breaking every two months. Love my M3, but it'll be the last BMW I ever buy.

I had a 2013 Cayenne Turbo that was insanely loaded with options/Akra exhaust/600HP tune and it was one of the best all-around vehicles I've ever driven, and damn fast for a 5000 pound SUV. Too bad some idiot totaled it.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 12-17-2018 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0