View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 02:47 AM   #23
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Thanks for the info and I had looked at Bimmercode in the past but it was missing support for features I'm interested in enabling, e.g., Antidazzle, advanced ASL, etc. which are all coded out here in the US. I did come across a post on the X5 forum in which the OP used Bimmercode to create a custom interior ambient lighting scheme in "M colors" for his X5M so I'm assuming that was done via "expert mode". If someone had a cheat sheet for Antidazzle, advanced ASL, etc. for Bimmercode "expert mode" I'd likely be all in on it.

To your point EsyX appears pretty daunting and not for the faint of heart whatsoever. Hence, sitting on the fence so far even with Saunders17283 excellent how to guides published in his Esys thread which I was one of the forum members asking him to do. Generally I never shy away from modding any firmware, etc. but messing with a $100K plus device just scares me.
Yes the challenge with expert mode is that one has to know what to code (else not expert) so not plug & play anymore unless you know what all those settings/parameters mean and actually do. I coded most of the stuff for the attention assist from there but yes generally speaking Bimmercode does not give access to all the parameters/functions/settings that you can read out and manage when using Esys/EsysX. Of course if you have the right tool as mentioned this is pretty much "self-service" though I still think it requires (at least for me it did) some prior self-documentation and a little study of what you are actually going to do. In fact you said it "messing with a $100K plus device" is not something I'd do without having done my homework before. And yes those guides as the one initiated by Saunders are super helpful.
Appreciate 0