04-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #38
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
Just a reminder to you younger guys.FYI,I'm 67 re:the age thread.Anyway IMO,you dont't have to go fast fast to enjoy a drive in your 8er.Yesterday I did a 1hr. loop in my GC that included silk smooth two lane,stunning mountain views
,blooming redbud,emerald green fields, and a mountain pass with 2-3 inches of snow(pavement dry).Oh and Jeff Beck.Top speed 75.Gotta love Va.and my 850i GC.
Thanks for the post and I can almost picture that beautiful drive. 2 thumbs up on the Jeff Beck aspect to boot! I have Blow by Blow in HiRez FLAC that I pump through the B&W and it sounds absolutely stellar.

Yesterday's drive (about 40 miles round trip) to buy some toilet paper at a Walmart Neighborhood Market that had it in stock was primarily all on the freeway. Hence, my tactic for that drive was different than my more of a performance run. I cranked up Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, selected Comfort and engaged full autonomous driving at 80 MPH) and just enjoyed the B&W sound as not much to look at from a scenery perspective on the intercity freeway.

Off topic but for anyone out there in need of toilet paper (the new currency here in the US and likely global) you can get real-time inventory status via https://www.zoolert.com/home/toilet-paper/.
Appreciate 0