View Single Post
      09-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
reedo302
Estorilblau Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan Estoril 328i M Sport

I have had plantar fasciitis and tendinitis from my days in the Army and from playing rugby, and I have always had to have very comfortable shoes or my feet would have problems. For my work boots, I use an EVA midsole with cushioned inserts and get the sole replaced every two years. For working out or general walking around, I use running shoes. I carry a lot of mass from powerlifting, so when I do cardio I need a lot of cushioning to reduce stress on my knees. Cross-trainers are less specialized and will not have enough cushioning, and you should be using running shoes like David70 pointed out.

I have done the rounds with all the major brands, and Asics and Saucony have consistently been the best for me. I also have very wide feet, which those companies cater to. Realistically, when it comes to running shoes you can't pigeon hole yourself to one brand unless you have experience with what that brand and a specific line in that brand does for you. You need to get your stride and stance evaluated to determine what will give you the best support overall.

I will say this- I have a set of new Asics Gel-Kayano running shoes and they are the most comfortable, squishest shoes I've ever owned.
Appreciate 0