View Single Post
      12-15-2020, 02:13 AM   #20
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
This just boggles my mind, i.e., why would anybody be trying to sell a set of wheels/tires in which the tires have abnormal wear? Perhaps the listing was based on the value of the wheels (aka rims) vs the tires as obviously they are useless in the transaction. Anything I Ebay or Audiogon (market place for audio gear) is in perfect condition and just looking for a new home.
Indeed I agree. In fact the tires in those auctions are not relevant to me because they are sommer ones. As it's hard to almost impossible to find a plug & play winter set of 20" for the M850i, the intention is to "compose" my own one. I am looking (not a must this winter since we have other daily drives) for original 20" BMW rims but as it often happens many are selling them with tires. Some are really in good conditions while others less..... As I am not settling for 19" in winter, but rather want 20ies (rigorously staggered), I am "forced" to look at wheels which have summer tires one. Often, at least on the DE Bay, the price is better as a set not to mention that 9 listings out of 10 come so - regardless of the tires' conditions. So it happened while looking that I came across a couple of sets with the Bridgestone ones on. Consider many do not want to go through the trouble of undoing the tires knowing the buyer will either drive a short period with them or replace them anyway - especially when the rims are in very good to mint conditions. But again not a must now, just checking what is on.
Appreciate 0