12-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #16
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
However, they also recommended I replace the front tires due to a bubble on one of the tires and abnormal wear on both the inside and outside tire walls. The odometer was at just over 7,000 miles, so I was shocked by the amount of wear on the Bridgestones, despite my sometimes "spirited driving" as discussed in another thread regarding abnormal wear on Bridgestone non run flats. I had the car fitted with the same front tires as before, but will switch to either Michelins or Pirellis if the wear issue continues.
The threads on Bridgestones regarding "spirited driving" are primarily regarding run flats but overall they seem to have issues on the 8-series with Xdrive. The Pirelli P-Zero (PZ4s) run flats that came on my M850i so far have been performing flawlessly with zero issues from abnormal tread wear but then again I only have about 4500 miles on them but at least 2K of that is highly spirited driving as that is about what I've clocked up in my performance runs on my "track" through the desert backroads in which I'll push at 120MPH into some of the turns after becoming comfortable with the car. The rest is mostly errand runs to the grocery store, etc. but even then after I passed the 1200 mile break-in I still DILYSI more often than not.
Appreciate 0