View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #12
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i, 2009 650, 2006 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
I also have the HP Tire and Cooling option with the shadow line trim, but have the Bridgestone Potenza non run flats rather than Michelin Pilot Sport. Last month, I hit a large pothole on I-10 at about 80 mph. I immediately noticed a slight vibration and some rattling in the steering column as well as additional road noise. I took the car to my dealer which wanted to sell me two new front rims at $1200 each, replace the front tires at $470 each, and align the car at over $400. In other words, a $3000+ repair for hitting a pothole (I did not opt for the wheel and tire insurance as I never had a problem other than normal wear on my prior 650). Needless to say I declined the dealer's quote and took the car to my local tire place. They fixed the wheels at $250 each and showed me the test indicating I did not need an alignment. However, they also recommended I replace the front tires due to a bubble on one of the tires and abnormal wear on both the inside and outside tire walls. The odometer was at just over 7,000 miles, so I was shocked by the amount of wear on the Bridgestones, despite my sometimes "spirited driving" as discussed in another thread regarding abnormal wear on Bridgestone non run flats. I had the car fitted with the same front tires as before, but will switch to either Michelins or Pirellis if the wear issue continues.
To clarify, I had my M850 fitted with NEW front Bridgestones. Even without the abnormal wear, the bubble required that the tires be replaced.
Appreciate 0