View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #11
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i, 2009 650, 2006 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
I dont know of the option is available in the EU etc. but if you can get the HP Tire and Cooling option it's great (I have it). It offers Michelin Pilot Sport NON run flats, a HP aux oil cooler, HP cooling fan, extended shadow line trim, air compressor (mobility kit) and gloss black M spec 728 rims.
I also have the HP Tire and Cooling option with the shadow line trim, but have the Bridgestone Potenza non run flats rather than Michelin Pilot Sport. Last month, I hit a large pothole on I-10 at about 80 mph. I immediately noticed a slight vibration and some rattling in the steering column as well as additional road noise. I took the car to my dealer which wanted to sell me two new front rims at $1200 each, replace the front tires at $470 each, and align the car at over $400. In other words, a $3000+ repair for hitting a pothole (I did not opt for the wheel and tire insurance as I never had a problem other than normal wear on my prior 650). Needless to say I declined the dealer's quote and took the car to my local tire place. They fixed the wheels at $250 each and showed me the test indicating I did not need an alignment. However, they also recommended I replace the front tires due to a bubble on one of the tires and abnormal wear on both the inside and outside tire walls. The odometer was at just over 7,000 miles, so I was shocked by the amount of wear on the Bridgestones, despite my sometimes "spirited driving" as discussed in another thread regarding abnormal wear on Bridgestone non run flats. I had the car fitted with the same front tires as before, but will switch to either Michelins or Pirellis if the wear issue continues.
Appreciate 0