bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
Glad this turned out ok for you!

I think having these cars we should all have some kind of countermeasure like a radar detector. It most likely would have warned you at some point that the car closing on you was an LEO.

I use one to at a minimum keep me aware of my surroundings and the current radar models available now really are great at warning you. I would just suggest hopping over to the radar forum to get a good idea of what’s available. I’m using Unidens R3 but I believe they have a R7 now. There are other options as well but bottom line, these cars fuckn fly and some countermeasures should be used for some peace of mind.
Now I’ll stop blathering!
Absolutely agree and rdforum.org is a treasure trove of information. However, radar may not save you depending on your locale and use of Laser detection. My example from 10+ years past had a V1 in action but the highway patrol officer was not shooting radar but rather approximated my speed based on what it took to catch up.

Wind the clock forward with the M850i and I have all countermeasures deployed, e.g., a V1 Gen2 tied to JBV1 which pulls in Waze as well as PAWS alerts which are golden when I'm in CA where speed is measured by aircraft vs here in AZ. That said I could go all in on an ALP laser jammer system for the car but in reality considering the amount of Laser in use here in the Phoenix Metropolitan area there is little value from a ROI perspective.
Appreciate 1