View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 07:31 PM   #4
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Found myself on an empty 6 lane highway last night in a fairly unfamiliar area, but couldn't resist doing a quick pull right before I was about to get off an exit and proceed through a series of interchanges. I had already started to let off and noted some headlights approaching fairly quickly. I actually thought it was someone that just got on and was looking to play at first since there were literally no cars around prior, but it was 3AM so while I certainly wasn't drinking, I didn't want to further provoke someone that may have been. By the time I was rounding the third interchange and coming to a red light before the final one, they caught up enough for me to realize who they were. The lights went on right after the light turned green and I immediately pulled over and shutoff the car.

A quick information exchange and short field sobriety test and I was on my way, it was about a 7 minute delay in total. They simply thanked me for stopping while stating they wouldn't have a chance otherwise, and asked that I play safe. Definitely thankful for the leniency, they admitted they had no clue how fast I was going, but they could have made it a much longer night for me.

This was actually the first time I have been pulled over in about 15 years. Typically if I'm pushing at all on public roads, its on a mountain road or similar situation with nobody around, but most likely on a road I'm very familiar and know all the spots to watch out for. I've never really looked into radar detectors or laser jammers seriously, and just had hoped for situations like these. It's probably not a good thing that it played out how I imagined. How has everyone else's experiences been, at least in similar situations where they were being somewhat responsible and respectful about it?
Something similar happened to me two years back in my brothers 2018 m3 is was cleaning corners at 100-120 mph on a semi busy highway .

Officer pulled me over " WTF are you doing give me your got damn license"

I did and said " I apologize officer long stress-full work day I have a clean driving record here's my insurance kindly check my driving record no points no dui nothing "

He came back " drive safely and track this beast but not on public roads "

I said sorry I won't and left .

It was a miracle !!!!!

Same for you as well. Glad things worked out.