Thread: Let off easy
View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Glad it all worked out. It's been at least 10-years since the last time I was pulled over for speeding and I too was respectful and explained the situation as to why I was driving like a bat out of hell on I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson, i.e., I had received a call from the hospital in Tucson that my Dad had taken a turn for the worse. I even showed the highway patrol officer the call log on my cell with the inbound call from TMC as well as the call to my Mom after telling her that I'd get there ASAP as it was about 9pm at that time and with her Glaucoma and overall vision issues she could not drive at night from my parents home in Sierra Vista (about 40 miles from TMC).

At the end of the day he wrote me up for 85 MPH (10 over the posted limit) and let me go with only one request, i.e., do not go over 85 for the rest of my journey. That saved me from an easy 95+ MPH ticket that would have designated it as criminal speeding and I would have been arrested onsite with no way to get to the hospital that evening. It always pays to be respectful.
Appreciate 1