View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
bravm3pwr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Funny article. The Corvette is not a competitor to the European brand (BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, etc.) in my view.

It's a performance monster for sure. However:
Has anyone tried to go look at a Corvette at the dealer? The sales folks are horrible. I had a bad experience with a local dealer. I tried to sit in one, and they wouldn't even unlock the car for me to do so. Sales person said something about the car is over 70k and some b.s. about custom paint. I go to any above mentioned Euro dealers and they not only let me sit but gave me the keys to M3s, 5's, S series, AMGs or whatever the hell I want to drive. This is why no matter how good of a car Chevy builds, they will never compete with the luxury buyer unless change their sales mentality. The Z06 is at 100k. I'm sorry but people who buy a car around that range looks for great performance but also great services.

Also - If you have not checked out "How It's Made - Dream Car" from the history channel. Look at how a BMW, Porsche, Audi gets put together and compare that to the Corvette.

sorry for the
Appreciate 0