09-19-2022, 12:49 PM   #83
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Again, there are people who are more qualified in this area who don't share your opinion.

My M3 and my M4 are pretty much track only cars. I only put 12k miles on my last M3 over 3 years, even after I was splitting daily driving duties with it for the first year. I've had my M4 for 9 months and it only has 3k miles on it, mostly on weekend cruises and track days. I no longer even commute, but even when I was just running to the grocery store, I took the i3. I recently returned my leased i3 (my third leased i3 btw), and I am shopping for something as economical and fun to drive. However, it is difficult to justify it when I no longer commute. I also have an SUV, which we use for long distance road trips, something that I have always stated the EV isn't ideal for. Maybe one day. We are in the market for solar panels and battery cells, so we are doing something.

But you are right, I have no excuse. My M4 is for selfish pleasure. It is difficult to track an EV. There is one track in my area that has a charger nearby, but I only go to that track once or twice a year because of the distance. The ICE is just easier. However, to be clear, I know I'm not ready for 100% EV right now, but I don't expect anyone else to be either..

I know that not everyone can replace their old reliable 10 year old Corolla for even a used Tesla that will eventually need a new battery out of warranty. I stated in another post that leasing EVs is currently the best bet due to the cost of battery replacement. I know charging is an issue for those who live in an apartment. I'm a realist, believe it or not.

I also support the ICE ban in 2035 even though it means eventually giving up track days in an ICE car.

I want to deal with this issue in a realistic way. What I won't do is let my love of motorsport convince me climate change isn't real.

I can't speak for them, but they probably have their own reasons, similar to mine. We aren't ready to be 100%, but we are willing to at least get there.
Save your energy typing man.

These guys are clueless. Imagine being this insecure their precious toys are soon going bye bye.

This is how automotive evolution works.