New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
5. rarity is better on trackhawk..
I believe the numbers would confirm this, but in the wild no one knows or cares. Every.single.time someone notices my SRT they ask me if it's a trackhawk. IMO, the problem with the TH is that other than the engine, it's pretty much the same as the SRT. Brakes are a little bigger and I think there were tweaks to the suspension settings because the s/c is heavy, but otherwise, you're buying an SRT with a bunch if extra hp, nothing else.

Having owned my SRT for a few months now and driven many euro SUVs (X5s and Cayannes), I can see why someone would prefer the european SUVs. The SRT sounds way better than any of the current turbo charged competitors. And frankly, for the SRT in particular, there really aren't any competitors---a base X5 or Cayanne isn't a compelling option. But once you move up to >$90k for the TH version, you really have to be an acceleration junkie or only buy domestics to choose it over an X5M or Cayanne GTS. What I like about the euro models, particularly at this price range is the build quality and the chassis tuning. The GC, even in performance guise is really tippy around turns. If I can "make due" with 475 hp, I would be completely fine with the >500hp in the X5M. The interior of the GC is great up to about $50k, but you start to notice the "wart" in quality when you start comparing it increasingly more expensive options. When you get to SRT guise you ask yourself, would you prefer a much prettier interior or huge brute of a vehicle?

So I think in this situation, the OP made a fantastic choice.
Appreciate 0