View Single Post
      04-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #15
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Always surprised at these "what about x" like cars when Google has access to far greater amounts of information and has been using it at will for years. Best I can tell my car only knows where I go, how fast, how long it sits there and what is going on with the cars electronics. Compare this to my smart phone and I am not too worried about my car except for speed, driving characteristics, and this type of information and who it is given to. Marketing research doesn't worry me too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
Rumor is that google maps will route you based on paying advertising. Your commute could be 12.9 miles but the local pizza, car dealership, or drycleaning pays for google advertising. So google routes your to drive by this location making your trip slightly longer.
Takes more than internet rumors to have me believe it. Unless it was extremely close to the same overall time it should quickly become obvious to many if they use it on their normal routes and test the theory out. I haven't seen it.