View Single Post
      01-30-2017, 06:26 AM   #5
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Friend of mine east of San Fran has a beautiful blue Charger Cat that I have had some seat time in. If you are a mopar guy this is the ultimate: 70K, 700HP a warranty. Yes please.

The interior is better then many a dodge but not up to euro standards, but again with a 70K 700 HP car: you must adjust your expectations a tad IMHO. The tech (remote access, tells you if someone is driving it etc...) is fun if you are in to that.

It is a car that wants to live life 1320' at a time, plenty civil on the road if you use a lot of self control on the happy peddle. I don't know how one can do that but he does somehow as most of my time has been spent in it going < 50 MPH and never really out of 4th gear.

Ride is fine, he will take it 80 miles to our San Jose Office from time to time with no issues other then me wanting to put cones around it so it doesn't get dinged by a tool in a prius who has no fscks to give.

It does chirp tires easily in many gears.

Me personally of the 'merican 8's I like the sound of the SBC so hard to not look at a Grand Sport for that price. Chevy never did commit to a NA 4 door. The CTS-V is quite the package but I can't agree with the caddy's overly angular styling: Hellcat is a far better looking heavy sedan to me.

The fact that you can go out and get any of these is spectacular.

- b
Appreciate 0